Sunday, March 3, 2013

Calm, Strong, Grateful...



Three phrases that I'm trying to live by every day.  I've been practicing breathing exercises and meditation to help me keep calm.  I've been working out regularly and trying to strengthen body.  I've been keeping a gratitude journal since the end of January.  All three of these things have brought me greater peace and joy into my life.  While I can't say that every day has been stress and anxiety free, I do have better tools to cope during those moments.  I'm down 6 pounds since starting Weight Watchers and feel great about my progress so far.  Focusing on the things I'm grateful for have helped me to see all the blessings in my life and by having these as some of my last thoughts before falling asleep, I've had very restful night's rests in the past month.  All in all, being calm, strong and grateful have proven to be the medicine I need to remain happy and healthy!


NBC Wednesday Nights at 7:30 CST
Smile:  What have I smiled about lately?
I have enjoyed a new show on TV called Guys with Kids that is produced by Jimmy Fallon.  I think it is one of the funniest shows on TV and look forward to each Wednesday night.  It's a good show that doesn't have all the adult references and lewd comments and is just a good show to watch to forget about the day.  Try it out...you may like it as much as I do and I promise, you'll at least laugh at the cute kids on the show!

Celebrate:  What do I celebrate?
I celebrate that my mid year review (we do mid year performance reviews at this time due to our fiscal year ending at the end of July) was much better than I thought it would be.  I'm very hard on myself and have felt that I haven't really given it my all this year at this job, so I wasn't anticipating to hear all the kind words that I did.  I celebrate that it was fair and balanced and overall was good, so I'm celebrating this victory this week!





I also celebrate that it's my BFF's birthday (or it was on Tuesday).  I'm so grateful she was born and so grateful she's my friend!  The world really is a better place because she's in it and I'm a better person because of her!  Happy Birthday sweet Bonnie!  We'll have lots of fun at our concerts and looking forward to seeing Wicked in April.  I sure am going to miss you when you move across town! 






Love:  What do I love?
I love the opportunity to work from home from time to time to get things done.  I try not to take advantage of this too much and I wish that I could do it at least once a week, but that's not really acceptable in my office, so I'm grateful for being able to do it on occasion.  It helps me feel quite productive, allows me to focus on something that I'd otherwise be distracted easily and allows me to rejuvenate myself so I can face the office again.  Recently Yahoo! CEO Marissa Mayer said no telecommuting for anyone at Yahoo!  I sure hope this doesn't become the norm for more software companies in Silicon Valley!  Let's hope that my company still allows it, cause it's a perk I don't want to give up, even if I can't do it all the time!

Thought for the day:

Cheers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment