Thursday, November 10, 2011

You have arrived...



This week, I was in a rental car that had GPS Navigation.  We used it to find a mall and upon arrival, the sweet lady said "You have arrived."  I chucked quietly to myself thinking about what a great message that was to hear.  "YOU HAVE ARRIVED."  We search and search though life only to hear those three words only to find that all that searching is really for naught...it's right in front of you all along, you just need the GPS lady to tell you.  I think I needed to hear that at that moment.  I've been feeling a bit like I'm chasing my tail and wondering what my purpose in life is.  Hearing those three words, kinda made me snap out of my head and give myself a chance to think about all that I've achieved, all the success that I've earned and reflect on the person I've become.  I have arrived.  Sometimes messages come to us in various ways...on Tuesday night, my message of affirmation and reminder came from the Hertz GPS lady telling me I was at the mall.

Smile:  What have I smiled about lately?
Last night I had a lovely evening with a co-worker who took me to a Mexican Restaurant in Laurel, MD, which I have to say, was quite good.  Flavors were good...would venture to say that I had a hard time reminding myself that I was not in Texas any more!  Dinner talk consisted of discussion on how we can find our passion for life, Pinterest finds, and of course...work. She shared with me a creative concept of 3 words..look for and write down three words that speak to you...like "Smile, Celebrate, Love" or "You have arrived" and how you can use these words to help start a journal, a picture, a poem, etc.  Cool concept....love the idea and will start opening my eyes to all the messages that come my way.

Celebrate:  What do I celebrate?
I celebrate the Veterans!  I honor and respect them and the courage they had to keep this wonderful country I live in safe and secure.  I appreciate those that gave their life so that we could be safe and free.  I can't imagine doing something so selfless to serve this country and all it's causes.  I'm quite humbled that there are people who would truly give their lives for us.  So, while I do have the day off tomorrow in celebration, I am taking a few moments to reflect on the reason for the holiday and say thank you to all that have given so much for all us!

Love:  What do I love?
I love massages!  I traveled home tonight and made an appointment to get a massage shortly after I got home.  The poor therapist didn't know what she was getting into when she got me this evening.  I've had a knot in my shoulder for about a month that won't go away, so while I wasn't expecting her to work miracles in one quick hour, I was looking for some amount of relief.  She did a great job and I feel so much better now--at least until I check my blackberry and see what work I have to do.  Ugh...

Thought for the day:

Excellence in one area is the beginning of excellence in another area.  Starting today, strive for excellence in all that you do—Robin Sharma

No comments:

Post a Comment