Sunday, February 10, 2013

Choose Happiness

source
Life is so much better when you choose to be happy.  I'm making a much more conscious effort to think positive thoughts, wish for positive things and just see the world from a much more half full approach.  So far, it's working.  I've been happier than I've been in a long time and am very grateful for all that is around me and all that I have.  It's pretty amazing what changing your thoughts can do for you!  If you haven't tried it yet, try it.  See the positive in a situation and I promise you, you'll have a different perspective.  Dr. Wayne Dyer says "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at will change."  It's a powerful statement with huge impact on you life.  So...choose happiness!  It really is the only way to get through this crazy world we all live in!

Smile:  What have I smiled about lately?
I signed up for Weight Watchers online and have to smile about the fact that I've been following the program and have been working out much more than I had been.  So far, so good.  Haven't weighed myself lately, but am hoping to smile when I see the number tomorrow morning!  It's certainly a journey!  I haven't put these 15 pounds on over night, so it's not going to be coming off over night.  I'm just trying to record what I eat, make better choices and move a little more than I had been and I'm hoping that combination will eventually trigger this weight to come off!  I'm hoping this new found positive outlook will also help!  

Celebrate:  What have I celebrated lately?
I received some very good feedback from our HR person the other day.  It made me very happy to hear that my brand has been positive and that I'm seen to have value at work.  I wasn't sure what would be said when I had my meeting with her, but very happy that it was positive!  
I also celebrate a big event happening soon...more to come on that, but am excited about something new coming into my life (hopefully!)

Love:  What do I love?
I love that we got some rain last night and that the weather behaved itself and didn't stir up some really bad thunderstorms.  It's getting that time of year when we get heavy rain, high winds and threats of tornadoes.  I'm not a big fan of that time of year, so was very happy that we got a little rain last night and it went away by morning so we could enjoy a super lovely sunny, Sunday!  Was a great day, to top off a great weekend!  Life is great!



For those that are interested, my boys' new album "What about now"  will be available for pre-order on February 12 and will be released on March 8 (Mom's birthday!).  You can order via itunes.  They were supposed to open their first concert last night in Connecticut but due to "Nemo" the Snowstorm that dumped 40 inches of snow, they cancelled, but still played for about 2000 people.  Tonight was the first time to a sold out crowd in DC...sure wish I had a reason to have been in the DC area this weekend so I could have gone! I have to wait until March 16, when Bonnie and I hit the road for one of our many adventures and see them in Oklahoma City! Should be quite fun!  

Thought for the day:
You were born to be awesome, please don't die average- Robin Sharma

Cheers!  Have a great week!  I am going to!

No comments:

Post a Comment