Sunday, February 17, 2013

Goin' places? Yes, just not today...



This week I was given an opportunity to test out the possibility of trying something new.  I don't think it's going to work out, but certainly am not giving up hope.  I KNOW that I'm going places, I just don't know where or when quite yet, but I trust that God is in control and He will provide the way, when the time and place are right.  In the meantime, I can finally say that I'm present in each moment and happy and grateful for all that I am and all I have!

Smile: What have I smiled about lately?
I had dinner with someone I worked with over 10 years ago in Austin.  We've recently reconnected in a very strange way--at our hairdresser's salon!  I was getting my hair done and my hairdresser introduced us and she asked if I had lived in Austin then told me her maiden name.  We chatted for a while then exchanged information and finally got together this week for dinner!  Was great catching up and was also great putting some connections to some things that had happened while I was there but didn't know the whole story.  I look back on that time in my life with very fond memories and really loved that job and company.  Was great to think about it again and reconnect with someone that was part of it all.  I'm not sure why our paths have crossed again, but am happy they did!  

Celebrate:  What do I celebrate?
I've been very good on my diet lately!  Have tracked regularly, even when I cheated, and worked out more the last week and a half than I have in a long time.  I have lost 3 pounds so far and am feeling really good! This Weight Watchers program has been really good and easy to follow.  I'm finally in the right mindset for dieting and am hopeful that this will be the ticket to help me get back into all the pants that I have in my closet so I don't have to keep wearing the same 6 pairs of pants that fit me now.

Love: What do I love?
Well, it was Valentine's Day this last week, or as I typically have referred to it, Single Awareness Day.  I have to say that in spite of the day, it wasn't as "in your face" as it has been in the past, so instead of dwelling on what I don't have, I came home, worked out, fixed a healthy dinner and got a good night's sleep.  So, I love that I can regard the most well known day for Love as "just another day" and not really think twice about it. 

Thought for the day:

Bring hope to the hopeless. Deliver spirit to the spiritless. And leave courage with the discouraged. Please. --Robin Sharma


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment