Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Feels something like summertime!


Remember when I said I wasn't going to complain about it being 100 degrees???  Well, I forgot what it felt like when it was only 12 degrees...100+ for the past week has brutal...and today is only the first day of summer..I think global warming is more than a urban legend! Al Gore may be right!

Smile: What did I smile about today?
I smiled that my housekeepers came today and that I came home to a lovely smelling home with clean sheets, clean floors and clean toilets!  It's the little things that bring a smile to this girl's face!

Celebrate:  What did I celebrate today?
I celebrate that I applied for a job today and got a phone interview tomorrow.  I have thought and prayed about this opportunity and feel really good about taking this next step. It's doing something a little different than I'm doing today and my role may change slightly, but I think I'm looking for the experience and excited about what I can learn from this.  I think it's a good step to take!  At least I hope it's a good step to take

Love:  What do I love?
Well...today I ran into someone in my office that got divorced about a year ago...he invited me to dinner tomorrow night, so we'll see what may happen there.  Going in with low expectations and see what may happen.  Not calling it a date...just dinner.
I also love my sister and so glad she's taking a big step toward healing from some recent hurts.  She has a rough couple of days ahead of her at Life Enrichment Boot Camp, but I think in the long run, she will have a fresh start and a fresh life!  I pray that this experience is what she needs to move forward!

For your viewing pleasure...in honor of Summertime--a message from my boys...



Thought for the day: You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.” -David Viscott

No comments:

Post a Comment