Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday America!

Happy Birthday America!  I'm so blessed to live in this
great country!  Thanks to all those that have fought for this freedom!

KABOOMTOWN--ADDISON TX JULY 3rd, 2011











I got to enjoy a GREAT firework show --the #3 in the nation--in Addison TX last night!  While it was still about 99 degrees at 9:30 PM, it was quite enjoyable!  My friend Kristina and I decided to treat ourselves to a nice dinner and hotel so we didn't have to fight the traffic and just enjoy the show.  Was a lovely evening..in spite of the heat!  I'm continuing to enjoy my new camera and think I got some pretty good pics of the show.

So much to update on lately...let's see if I can capture it all in this post...

Smile:  What have I smiled about lately?
I have been in a good place lately.  Things are going well.  We found out that we all got raises (change in company compensation), so that is a nice surprise.  Also, have gotten some good feedback from my boss, which is something I really needed to hear.  Have seen some movies lately (Bridesmaids and Bad Teacher), both of which you have to laugh at...in spite of the raunchy humor!

Celebrate:  What have I celebrated lately?
Well, I've decided that I'm going to stay in my current job and actually have celebrated my renewed outlook on it.  I think I finally have determined what I appreciate about it and am "fertilizing my own backyard" as my BFF says.  I haven't finished all that I've set out to do there and think that I need to give it a little more time to do so.  Also, have gotten the "go ahead" to explore some other areas within my job that I'm excited about and think will give me some good experience.

Love:  What have I loved lately?
My last post mentioned that I had a dinner evening with an old business partner that I worked with a couple of years ago.  We had a nice evening and have gone out again.  He's a really nice guy!  Really nice guy!  Couple of red flags that I see so far, but when I think about all that I'm looking for, he's got a lot on the list.  One thing he doesn't have...a residence in Dallas...that may be the biggest deal breaker.  At any rate, he's been very attentive to me, and I have to say that it's nice to think you are on someone's mind...and to have someone on mine!  We'll see how it goes.  He comes back to Dallas in a couple of weeks....

On a different note, I am not smiling about, celebrating or loving my weak attempt at beating the battle of the bulge!  I've been so stressed out  and so much in a funk that I just can't seem to get in the mood to eat right or work out...even though I know that if I did, I'd feel better!  Now that I'm finally a little more in control, I'm beginning the battle again!  Going to try having an accountability partner and see how that goes for me!  I hope that will do the trick--something's gotta give--I either need to lose that weight, or buy new clothes...that's the crossroad that I'm at right now!  UGH!  I hate the battle!!!  Someday I'll win!

And of course...it's not a holiday without a wish from my boys--Happy Fourth of July folks!



yes...America is BEAUTIFUL!!

Thought for the day:     "The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us." —Ashley Montagu

No comments:

Post a Comment