Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It's my life! It's now or never...


My wonderful BFF gave me this framed poster for my birthday and I love it!  Every day I've read it as I walk out the door and there is something new each day that I see that speaks to me.  Yesterday it was, If you don't like your job, quit.  Hmm...may be words to live by....  Today it was when you eat appreciate every last bite.  Hmm...that sounds great, especially when these days I'm eating lots of fruits and vegetables and would rather have cupcakes and ice cream.   I love this Holstee Manifesto document and truly think that it will be some wonderful words to live by.

Smile:  What have I smiled about lately?

As I mentioned in my last post, I took last week off to rest, relax and recharge.  It was a great week filled with spa treatments and catching up on all my TV shows!  Wow--travel for a few days and get in the weeds big time!  One of the adventures I took this week was to go to the Dallas Arboretum, something I had only done once when Bonnie and I got our Bon Jovi fix watching the faux Bon Jovi group perform in the concert in the park.  It was a beautiful afternoon, warm, but not too warm, and the park wasn't too crowded since I went on a week day.  I loved watching all the kids climb on the pumpkins and all the moms trying to get the perfect shot for a card or memory album.  I thought I'd get in the action and tried to take a picture of myself...this is what being single looks like when you're trying to capture the moment--it cracked me up and I had to share it with you:

I love being single, except when I'm trying to
capture the memory! Don't you love my bag?
I finally resorted to the picture below that I quickly took before someone rounded the corner so they wouldn't feel too sorry for me not having any friends to come with me on this adventure.

check out the pearls.....
I'm quite the sophisticated lady huh?

Celebrate:  What have I celebrated lately?

This last weekend I had the opportunity to spend time with my sweet niece, who turned 9 years old.  I watched her cheer at her game and then got to spend several hours helping with her sleep over.  She has a lovely group of friends that were so sweet and kind.  I'm so glad that she is hanging around some nice girls.  Nine years ago when she was born, I prayed that she would be a strong, confident, nice, sweet, kind girl.  That she would be smart and goal oriented and think that she can take on the world.  I wanted her to be all that I wasn't and hope that life treats her kind.  Well, I can say that she's got a lot going for her.  She's a good girl, who is smart and wants to do the right thing.  I hope that she continues to face life head on and not hide from things.  She's got a good head on her shoulders and I'm proud to call her my niece.  Happy Birthday Sweet Hart!  Auntie loves you!

Love:  What do I love?

I love the new  Oprah Lifeclass show.  Each night it's Oprah pulling out some of the lessons from her shows over the past 25 years.  You may learn how to age gracefully, how to keep your ego in check, how to find passion in life, how to live your best life.  Once again, she's teaching me new things as I continue my journey in life.  I'm so happy to get my Oprah fix each day again!  I've missed her greatly!  Check it out...weeknight at 8 EST/7CST only on OWN!

Thought for the day:  Be the yardstick of quality.  People aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected--Steve Jobs

And another thought...my theme song for this evening:



enjoy your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment