Sunday, October 30, 2011

Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also...Matt 6:21



Today in church, the sermon was about how riches can take the place of our relationship with God and giving generously to others.  Money is our "idol" and takes the place of using our good judgement and clouds our thinking which doesn't allow us to fully devote ourselves to letting God provide for us wholly and completely.  This verse was mentioned a few weeks ago and spoke volumes to me then.  I asked myself, "what is my treasure?"  "What am I idolizing and not giving my life fully over to God?"  While it's not money completely...yes, I appreciate all that I have and what I'm able to do with my earnings, I think I've put my treasure in my work.  I've given my heart ( and soul) for my job and while I am successful, in my opinion, I've given up a lot for it...babies, love, health, friends...and I've finally realized that I have to do things differently...i've got to have a different treasure to store in my heart.  So, I'm turning over a new leaf...I'm looking for a different job, getting healthy, and trying to take time for me and more importantly start working on my relationship with God and making sure that I'm following all his instructions for living the life that is glorious and reflective of how I should be living as a Christian.  I'm kicking around the idea of looking into adoption and perhaps even getting a pet.  Yes, success and doing a good job at work are still important, but they can't rule my life like they have in the past.  I have to start doing things differently so I can get different results...and must start living more Godly, so that there is no question where my heart is...and where my treasure is.  I'm happy to say that today is the first day of the rest of my life...thank you God for this beautiful opportunity to turn over a new leaf!

Smile:  What have I smiled about lately?
Out of the blue today my sweet 5 yr. old niece called me just to talk to "Auntie."  I love that she thinks of me and bugs her daddy enough to make him dial the phone to call me.  That means a lot  that I'm part of their lives...it's a big role to play and one that I don't take lightly.  I'm happy to be their for them and hope I can be a good example and influence to them as they grow.

Celebrate:  What have I celebrated these days?

Well, would like to say that I celebrate the Texas Rangers winning the World Series, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.  Some great games played during this series...yes, I did watch several games for the first time-- I think-- in my life!  Can't say I'm nothing more than a fair weather fan, but was fun to take part in all the water cooler talk over the last couple weeks!
Dear TX Rangers:  Thanks for being such good examples of teamwork and professionalism on and off the field.  You made it a pleasure to watch and stand behind you because of your fine sportsmanship.  Brush off these losses and go get 'em next year!



Love:  What do I love?
I love a few of the new TV shows that came out this fall that have made it into the rotation.  Some that I love the most are:
Lots of deception and intrigue...takes place in Hamptons
Perhaps I am hoping that they have a glimpse of JBJ on vacation

Story of Snow White- my favorite princess

Cute story...little town sorta like Gilmore Girls...good show


Thought for the day:  "Remember this, that very little is needed to make a happy life." — Marcus Aurelius

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment