Sunday, January 6, 2013

Making progress and trying not to be perfect

source

Since the new year started, I've been wearing my fitbit and logging all my food in the myfitnesspal.com app on my iphone.  I've actually been pretty good with my eating and have forced myself to get in a little more exercise than I probably would have done had I not known how many steps I had in the day or how close I was to hitting the ultimate goal of 10,000 steps.  For example, the other night, Bonnie and I met up at the mall and when I came home I noticed I only had 1100 steps to go to hit the 10,000 steps.  Since it was dark outside, and I didn't feel like jumping on the treadmill, I walked around in place and did some marching steps to hit the goal.  Actually felt like I really accomplished something before going to bed that night!  

I'm traveling this week, so am just hoping to make progress and be ok with not being perfect.  I aim to make good choices and try to get in a little exercise along the way.  I'm bringing snacks with me so I can refuse the Doubletree Chocolate Chip cookies that they'll give me upon arrival or all the other junk food in the training classes I'll be in all week.  I hope to have good will power this week!  I've got confidence that I will be keeping myself on track!

Smile:  What have I smiled about lately?
I saw Guilt Trip this weekend and thought it was quite good.  There were some funny parts and some touching moments, but all in all, was a good feel-good movie to see on a Saturday afternoon.

I also smiled that I finally was able to turn my car into the Acura Dealership and get that off my to-do list.  Was quite an ordeal getting it inspected and coordinating someone to pick me up at the dealership, but in the long run, it all went pretty smoothly. They are getting a great car, so I hope that someone else enjoys it as much as I did for the last three years!  Now...time to enjoy my sweet Volvo!  


Celebrate:  What I have celebrated lately?
I celebrate the fact that I don't have a leak in my roof!  As I was putting away my Christmas decorations, I noticed some water damage in my storage closet that caused great concern for me.  I called my brother to help deduce the situation and he thought that it could be the roof since we've had such bad hail and wind storms here over the last year or could be a simple problem like flashing that has come loose.  Luckily, Dennis, the Adjuster from USAA was able to come the next day and take a look and found that the problem is a simple fix, probably less than $200 total to do.  He also checked out my roof and said it's in good shape...WHEW!  I'm so glad that I don't have to replace that at this point!  He also gave me a FREE fire extinguisher!  I love USAA!  Such a great company! 

Love: What do I love?
I love that my elite status on American Airlines is still in effect until February!  I'm traveling the next two weeks and am so happy that I can take advantage of the Priority Access and hopefully use my upgrades too! Glad I can take advantage of some benefits before I'm stripped all all my fun perks!  I just wish I was flying somewhere far so I could earn the gold status back before end of February, but alas, that's not happening, so soon...I'll be one of the "commoners" again.  Guess it will help me be appreciative when I get it back again!

Thought for the day:
source
Cheers!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment