Sunday, March 6, 2011

Oprah and I have something in common

I always wanted to be like Oprah and was hoping that when I did find that similarity it would be for something like we were both the richest women in America, or that we both met the same superstar, or that we vacationed at the same place, or that we both used the same private jet service...no, none of those things bring me to the things that I share with Oprah at the present moment.  We both have the FLU!  Yep, she was stuck in bed not able to do her show all week and I've been stuck on the couch, watching re-runs.

I thought I just had a Bon Jovi hangover when my throat was hurting after the concert, then thought my cold that I've had for a month was back. It wasn't until I realized that the last time I had a horrible sounding voice and feeling quite congested and tightness in my chest that I had the flu that made me think that I needed to go to the doctor.  Glad I did, cause in fact, I did have the flu.  So about $100 in meds, orange juice and soup later I'm on my way back to good health.


Smile:  what have I smiled about?  
What's not to smile about this sweet baby?






Celebrate:  What do I celebrate?
I celebrate that I have health insurance so that my doctor's visit and medication didn't cost me an arm and a leg!  I'm fortunate that I am able to go to the doctor when I'm feeling just a little under the weather and not in a serious condition!

Love:  What do I love?
I love Tamiflu, Advil, Mucinex and cough drops!  Without the combination of these drugs, I'd be one pretty miserable girl!  Thank you scientists for your contributions to medicine!  I appreciate you this weekend!

Thought for the day:  Decide right now in this moment to love and accept yourself unconditionally.  Then smile a big smile. --Cheryl Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment