Monday, July 18, 2011

I know I live in Texas...but this is crazy!

The sad thing...
It was 6:45 PM when this was taken! 

So...it's been 17 days since we've been below 100 degrees and while I know I said that I wouldn't complain when it was 100..this is a bit ridiculous! Perhaps my friend's son has it right...I need to invest in some solar panels and get off the "grid"... I may need to hire him as a consultant and see what I need to save some money and take advantage of all this sun and heat!  Wonder if he'll take me as a client.....

Smile;  What have I smiled about lately?
I spent a lovely evening with some friends and family this weekend.  We've all been through some ups and downs over the last several years, but I have to say, last night, we all were in sync again and I felt like it was 1995 all over again!  I love this group of people so much and had such a lovely evening laughing, sharing our lives and getting caught up on the latest gossip!  Makes me realize that I really need to get with them more often...every six months is just crazy!

Celebrate:  What do I celebrate?
Well...made it through another series of mid year reviews.  I absolutely hate our process at our company for our performance management process.  I think that if it was implemented in the way that it is intended, it would be fine...but it's not that way so much, so it's all about who you know and what your reputation is that counts...I just hope that I'm well thought of ...we'll see what all happens.

Love:  What do I love?

I had a great time with "Mr. Nice Guy" the other night.  We have a lot in common and I just find myself thinking of him all the time..wondering what he's doing, how he is, if he's having a good day...all those things that I've missed thinking about since I haven't had someone in my life for so long!  He comes back in town in three weeks and only has plans to be here every month as it exists now.  Just trying to take things one day at a time...God has a plan..and if Mr. Nice Guy isn't the one, well, then that just tells me the one he has for me is pretty phenomenal!  This guy is pretty great!  Sure wish he lived here....

What else do I love? I have found this wonderful website called Pinterest.  It's like a bulletin board that you can put all these fun things on like recipes, quotes, fashion items...just some fun stuff.  A GREAT time suck, but fun to explore.  Check it out--I think you'll be hooked too!

Thought for the day:

So...so  True!  I'm so happy with my
wonderful, beautiful life!
Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment