Monday, January 2, 2012

2011--Year in Review



As I reflect back on this year that quickly passed by, I'm filled with so many emotions--joy, stress, exhaustion, happiness.  It seems like it was a whirlwind kind of year and while not the worst year of my life, I don't know that it will be one that I will remember for years on end.  One thing I know for sure, God answers prayers--and believe me, he heard a LOT from me this year!  People in my life went through some difficult challenges this year, and there was quite a bit of change for some of us, but through it all, God provided, and kept us all in His care.  I was able to see him working in my life on so many different occasions, one being me getting a new job at the end of the year.   I'm looking forward to 2012 and hopeful that this year that is FRESH and New will bring more opportunities, less stress, greater joy and continued peace.  Welcome 2012!

Some highlights from 2011:

Going to 3 Bon Jovi Concerts--Washington DC, San Antonio, TX, and Milwaukee, WI.  I grew to really love this band even more and their music got me through both good and bad times this year.  While I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I am such a fan, I feel like the messages that their songs provide me is worth that embarrassment.




Traveling to New York City, not once but twice this year.  The first time (In March) with my wonderful Mom and Precious Sister and the second time (In October), with my work friend, Kristina.  It was Tracy's first time to go to the Big Apple, and we saw it all in 4 days, including watching a movie being made called "New Year's Eve" starring my very own Jon Bon Jovi.  We saw the ball being dropped and felt like we crossed something off our bucket list of being in Times Square at the stroke of midnight!  Was quite fun trying to scope out Jon's trailer and trying to catch a glimpse of movie stars.  Was one of the best trips that I've ever had there!  Kristina and I enjoyed a weekend in a nice hotel (on the company of course) and enjoyed some time in Soho and Greenwich Village on a nice crisp Fall day.





Bonnie and I had an adventure in Arizona this summer.  Who would have known that it would be cooler in Phoenix in August than in Texas!  We stayed in a JW Marriott Resort and enjoyed the lazy river, some good food and drinks and lots of relaxing--something we both needed!  We drove by my old house, introduced Bonnie to Trader Joes and got out of the heat by seeing a movie at my old favorite place!  Was a great weekend!  Thanks Southwest Airlines!




There were several big events that happened across the world this year along with the economy still in an unstable state, many people still out of work, and an election with candidates that no one is very excited about to be our President. We also followed several trials (Casey Anthony, Amanda Knox, and Conrad Murray) Some big events were:

The Wedding of William and Kate:


The killing of Osama Bin Laden:

The 10th anniversary of September 11, 2001

Weather played a very big role this year.  In Texas, we saw extreme cold--an ice storm before the Super Bowl that lasted 5 days, and we saw extreme heat--69 days of over 100 degree temps!
Ice on my driveway!  1 inch!


Love--I tried online dating and once again bombed at it!  Got discouraged and just decided to try on my own again.  "Mr. Nice Guy" came into my life for a couple of months but distance was not on our side, so that relationship didn't work out.

Weight--Sad to say that I did not win the battle of the bulge this year!  In fact, I think that I actually majorly lost it, given that I gain about 10 lbs this year and have had a very difficult time getting rid of it!  I think getting older doesn't help, nor did the stress that I was under.

Job--I saw many successes in my job this year and feel very fulfilled in what I've accomplished at my company.  I decided in October to look for new challenges and am very thankful that God opened those doors for me to expand my career and try something new.  I'm hoping that it will be a little less stress, so I can focus on living and not on working to live!  I'm hoping that 2012 will bring about new adventures!

I'm sure that I'm leaving out some other memorable events, but as I said earlier in this post, this was a whirlwind year and in many ways I can't believe that it's already over.  As I look back over my Project Life scrapbook, it seems like just yesterday that it all began!  I started this blog a year ago and it has brought me so much joy and is a great outlet for me.  In the midst of all the hustle and bustle of life, stopping to reflect on what has made me smile, what I celebrated and what I love has been great for me.  So with that:

Smile:  What have I smiled about lately?
I smile that this is a new year.  A FRESH start.

Celebrate:  What do I celebrate?
I celebrate that I have one week left of my current job and on January 9th I will be a Sr. Learning Manager for Associate Development!  I can't wait!

Love:  What do I love?
I love that I've had 11 days off of work, and only had to use 5 vacation days!  I am rested, relaxed and really looking forward to a GREAT new year!

Thought for the day:
The best day of your life if the one on which you decide your life is your own.  No apologies or  excuses, no one to lean on, rely on or blame.  The gift is your--it's an amazing journey--and you alone are responsible for the quality of it.  This is the day, your life really begins! --Bob Moawad

No comments:

Post a Comment