Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I'm going to start living better cause this taste of Hell is awful!


It's hot...that's all there is to it...just awful hot...boiling hot..so hot that it never cools off kinda hot...so hot that it feel like you are living in a perpetual hair dryer/oven!  It's been awful here in Big D the last few weeks/month.  Cars that sit outside for the day have a temp when you get in of 118 or so...I feel like I'm living back in Arizona again...only I'm not..I live in Texas and while it's supposed to be hot here in the summer...this is crazy!  I'm ready for some relief!  Wow!  It's hot...so hot!  Makes me think that I need to make sure that I'm living a better life so that I don't experience an eternity in Hell...I can't stand too much more of this!

Smile:  What have I smiled about lately?
Last night, I had the chance of spending an evening with my brother, sister in law and nieces.  It was a lovely evening in the pool, having dinner and just catching up on what's happening in our lives.  In the course of the conversation, we started talking about how close we are and how happy that makes us that we can still enjoy being around each other after all these years.  Many of our friends can't exactly say that about their siblings so it's nice to know that we are not only family, but also friends.  I'm fortunate to have the wonderful relationship I have with my fantastic brother and sister!  I love you guys!

Celebrate:  What do I celebrate?

After 135 shows, in 22 countries over the last 18 months, Bon Jovi ended their "Circle Tour."  I'm proud that I was one of the 3 million fans that went to five of their shows during the course of this 18 months.  I know you all think I'm crazy, but I truly came to love these guys and can't believe I wasn't such a fanatical fan before now.  Since my first concert in Dallas in April 2010, I've come to appreciate their music so much more and find that many of their songs truly fit many moments in my life.  Whether I'm having a bad day, or a good day, turning on a little Bon Jovi helps my moods.  Some of my favorite lessons that I've learned through their music:


  • "When the world get's in your face, say...HAVE A NICE DAY!"
  • "When you want to give up and your hearts about to break, remember that you're perfect...God makes no mistakes...WELCOME TO WHERE EVER YOU ARE...this is your life, you've made it this far!"
  • "I'm gonna live, I want to survive, don't want the world to pass me by.  I'm gonna dream ain't gonna die thinking my life was just a lie...I WANT TO BE LOVED"
  • "I finally found my way...said good-bye to yesterday...hit the gas there ain't no brakes on this LOST HIGHWAY."
  • It's ok to be a little broken, EVERYBODY'S BROKEN in this life, you're alright..it's just life
  • My song that I hope is played before my wedding night..."This is the last night you'll have to be alone, I'll be standing right beside you when you can't make it on your own so walk with me please help me to be strong, this is the LAST NIGHT you'll have to be alone."
  • And of course...IT'S MY LIFE...it's now or never..I ain't gonna live forever!  Cause It's...my...life!
  • Hey man I'm alive...takin each day one night at a time..feeling like a Monday, but SOMEDAY I'LL BE SATURDAY NIGHT!"
  • And finally, when it's a long week, i have to say..."We're halfway there...Livin' on a prayer!

I could go on and on, the point is that I love this band and have learned some good lessons about life, love and myself as I listen to their music...and they aren't too bad to look at too.  I sure hope they don't take too long off...I'm going to miss my boys...good thing there's You Tube and all those great concert videos to keep me from going in withdrawals!

Love:  What do I love?
Things with Mr. Nice Guy are going well.  He comes next week for a monthly business review, so I'm looking forward to seeing him, fixing him dinner and just spending some time getting to know each other more and more.  Not sure where this is going to go, or even if we can really even define that at this point, but I will say, that it's really nice to know that I'm on someone's mind and to have someone on mine.  I know I've said that before, but I find myself thinking of him quite a bit through my day and wanting to share more and more of my life--the good and bad with him.  We'll see where it goes.  I'm putting in God's hands and just hoping to  let HIM control my life, instead of me doing the typical sabotage that I tend to do in my relationships.  Perhaps, there's a Bon Jovi song to help me through this stage in life too...guess I'll just have to listen to more music (or buy another album).

I also love the new MAC operating system called Lion.  It's got some fun features to it  that makes it fun to surf and do things on my computer.  I also was pretty proud of myself when something wasn't working properly and I fixed it.  Google can be a good friend when you need to teach yourself how to do something.  I researched the problem and found the solution...and it worked!   I love when I figure things out like that!  Makes me feel so good and independent!

So...stay tuned for another adventure of Bonnie and me.  We are venturing to the cooler temps of Phoenix, Arizona this weekend to get away for some much needed rest and relaxation!  MUCH NEEDED REST and RELAXATION!  We are staying at a lovely resort and spa in Scottsdale and I'm excited to venture back to one of my favorite grocery stores...Trader Joe's and seeing my old house again.  (wonder if my crazy neighbors with the lovely el camino still live across the street...??)  Should be a lovely time, even though it won't be much cooler than it is in Dallas!  I'll report out on the adventures in the next blog post!  Stay tuned...i'm sure there will be some exciting things to learn!

Thought for the day "It is only possible to live happily ever after on a daily basis." —Margaret Bonanno


Cheers! 


Now..off to pack for my big adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment