Monday, April 11, 2011

Hope is a strategy


There is a business book titled "Hope is not a strategy"...and while I completely understand the title for a business, I truly do believe that it is a strategy to live our lives by.  I hope that people in my life that are sick get well, that those who need jobs find them, that heartaches get healed, and that I find love.  Hope of course is not able to be believed without having faith and saying lots of prayers.  So...faith (GOD), hope and love...that's all we really need in life right?

Smile:  What did I smile about today?
I got the sweetest thank you card from my sister for our trip to NYC.  Was such a surprise and a nice thing to receive in the mail... much better than a bill!

Celebrate:  What did I celebrate today?
I ran almost a mile outside this evening without stopping.  Now I won't tell you that it was mostly downhill and the wind was at my back and after I thought I could throw up...the point is, I ran almost a mile without stopping.  It's the small successes!

Love: What do I love?
I love Target! I had several bags the other day and happened to leave one of them at the check out counter.  When I came home, I realized that my favorite yogurt and much needed paper plates were missing.  Today, I went back to the store to see if they would refund me the money so I could purchase the items again.  It was only $6.50, but was worth it to me to ask--especially since I thought the checker was rushing me the other day and didn't check to make sure that I had picked up everything. It was actually a pretty stress free experience and they had my receipt on file, gave me a gift card and within about 5 mins, I had purchased my items and was heading out to my car!  I love Target!


Thought for the day:  I believe in miracles. I look for miracles. And so I see and experience them often.

No comments:

Post a Comment