Sunday, April 10, 2011

Thank you for being a friend


I've heard it said that people come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.  Over the past year, some have come and gone and their reason they came into my life has revealed itself.  Some friends became "seasonal friends" and have decided to take their life in different direction.  In spite of this,however,  I'm fortunate to say that I'm extremely lucky to have a small group of friends that regardless of the length of time in between visits or connections, we still pick up right where we left off and also know that I can call them up in the dead of night and they'd be there right by my side!  I'm very lucky, very blessed and very honored to have a small group of extraordinary women that have molded and shaped me over the years and have made me become the woman I am today.  God blessed me very much with such amazing people to love me...unconditionally.  So, today, I smile, celebrate and love my friendship with my all my fantastic friends.  Thank you for being a friend!

Smile:  What did I smile about recently?
My five year old niece got the game ball for getting the first run in of her game.  She hit the ball  and made it to second base.  So proud of her!  Little athlete in the making!

Celebrate:  What did I celebrate recently?
I celebrate that I'm getting a kitchen counters and redoing my bathroom.  I've contracted out my brother to manage the construction and spent the last week picking out granite --giallo fiorrito is the color for my kitchen.  Santa Cecelia is my color for my bathroom and a nice porcelain tile that sorta looks like travertene is the tile for my floor in my bathroom.  I'm excited to be tearing out the tile in my shower and replacing with a nice marble.  I've been wanting to make these updates for the last 4 years, so I'm glad that I'm finally doing this and hope and pray it's not too painful of a process!


Love:  What do I love?
I love weekends!  I love not having to think about work, love relaxing, organizing, and resting after the long, stressful work life that I have.  I wish time stood still a little more on these two days off so I can get some more life "stuff" done!  I can't believe it's already 8:30 on Sunday!  Where does the time go??

On a different note, I had date number 3 with my new guy.  I'm really not sure what to say...he's nice, but not so sure that there are sparks there for either of us.  I did find out he's not religious and is not a Christian, so that concerns me, as that is the top thing that I'm looking for in a mate.  I have a great time with him and enjoy his company, but am thinking that we may be better friends than anything else.  If he asks, I will go out again with him and am hoping that we can do something other than dinner to see if it generates some sparks between us.  We'll see what happens...AND if this doesn't work out, well, that's ok...just will send my net out again and see what else I cast.  Life will go on and I'll continue being the happy, healthy and terrific person I am!

Thought for the day:  Regardless of what's happening right now, keep affirming: Life brings me everything I need exactly when I need it.


Have a great week folks!  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment