Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I promise not to complain about 100 degree temps ever again!

Yesterday I took spent more time in an airplane than I did in an office.  I was supposed to go to Richmond VA for an overnight trip, but threatening weather in DFW caused the group I was traveling with to rebook our flights and go and come back the same day.  It was a long day but we were all happy to be on the way home and not stuck for a few days in another city.

So..today we woke up to freezing rain, snow and frigid temps!  Once again, had to spend the day working from home and while last week I didn't mind it too much, today I wasn't feeling well and just wanted to lay on the couch, but couldn't do that cause I had to deal with some work issues most of the day!  I'm ready for life to return to normal again!  I promise not to complain about the 100 degrees ever again...I promise not to complain about 100 degrees ever again...I promise not to complain about 100 degrees ever again!  Please summer come soon!

Smile:  What made me smile today?

I bought these wonderfully, cute rain boots the other day and was so thankful to have them today while sweeping my driveway in attempt to keep the snow and ice from accumulating too much.  I think they are precious and had to smile each time I put them on today!  They work much better than my slippers!

Celebrate:  What did I celebrate today?

I celebrate that I was able to get a flight out last night and be at home once again so I didn't have to get out in this awful weather and horrible driving conditions!  I love my house and am happy to be in it.

Love:  What do I love?

Well, have moved to "open communication" with one guy (Bryan) on e-harmony.  He seems like a fun guy and so we'll see what it happens.  I always think I'm better in person cause I can talk to anyone about pretty much anything, so I hope we will make it to at least the coffee or dinner stage. It's a really slow process and a very humbling one.  You think "oh, this guy seems like a good match, let me send him some questions"...then,  he NEVER responds!  You think, "is it me that he doesn't like or is he just not as anxious to connect as I am?"  I have to admit the voice inside my head tends to go crazy, but I'm determined to have a positive outlook on this and not let this define me or what I think of myself.  Those guys not responding are really missing out!  BIG TIME! That's all I'm going to say about that.

So what do I really love..I love that tonight Bon Jovi is going to stream the first 30 mins of their concert to kick off their 2011 tour.  That will warm my heart and make my sore throat feel better.

Thought for the day:  If you believe the best days are behind you, they are.  If you believe the best days are ahead of you, they are--Jon Gordon

Here's hoping you have wonderful days ahead!

Stay warm and safe out there!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment