Monday, February 21, 2011

Welcome to wherever you are




I'm in a funk...have been for a few days now and was attributing it to not feeling well, but I think I'm officially saying I'm in a funk.  Had to listen to the song above several times today to help me to remain focused on the here and now and not where I wish life had been or could be. I'm having a hard time not asking "Why God...why can't I have the life I imagine?"   I know I'm blessed.  I have my health, have a good job, have wonderful friends and a great family.  I have more than so many people and I  know there is a plan...so..."welcome to wherever you are", Tara ...and as Jon says..."remember that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes..."

The main purpose for this blog was for me to focus on those small things in my life that I can smile, celebrate and love and I have to say that is not easy for me to do today.  I seem to be surrounded by people going through major pain and hurt.  Lots of illness, death, relationships in ruin, people not sure of how their family is in the middle east, earthquakes...just lots of hurt.  So...here's my attempt at looking at the bright side and it seems quite trivial when so many around me are hurting, but I think in moments like these, sometimes the simple things are all you can hold on to.

Smile:  What did I smile about today?
I was treated so nicely when at a store at the outlet mall.  It was quite refreshing to be called by name, and waited on hand and foot. Was a bright spot in this not so bright day! She made me smile by how nice she was and I have to say how much I appreciate it!  It made me want to buy something in that store (CABI, by the way) and I will go back.  The clothes fit great!

I also had to smile at the fact that recently I bought an old version of the Jane Fonda Workout that I loved doing...umm...25 years ago(??).  So tonight, after spending an hour at the gym, I thought I'd do the stress workout, which contained some light aerobics, stretching and breathing exercises.  I had to laugh out loud...literally LOL...at the clothes, hairstyles and at MY inability to have any rhythm in doing aerobics.  It was quite funny...glad no one was watching! Good workout, and have to say, I feel much better stress-wise after it!

Celebrate:  What do I celebrate?
I celebrate that it was President's day and although I had to work 1/2 day, I was able to leave at 1pm and headed to the outlet mall for some much needed retail therapy.  I got several things and enjoyed the crisp sunny day!  So, thank you Mr. Presidents.  I honor you and what you did for our country and happy that I get a day off as a result of your hard work!

Love:  What do I love?
HMMMM...now that's a difficult one today.  I love that I went to the gym today and worked out for an hour, ran/walked 4 miles and got some stress out.  I needed that...my head needed it, and more importantly, my heart needed it.

Thought for the day:  God does not give us a map, but a compass..A map will tell you where God has been and what He has done, but a compass will tell us where God IS and where He is going. The compass only gives you a sense of direction and points to the path you should go. There may be uncertainity, but there's a sense of direction.


Go confidently in the direction of your dreams....LIVE THE LIFE YOU IMAGINED!  


Here's to a better tomorrow...


Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment