Sunday, May 1, 2011

Fairy Tales Do Come True!


 I am a hopeless romantic and really wish that all those fairy tales that I was read from an early change really did happen.  That a common girl meets her handsome prince and they fall in love and live happily ever after.  Perhaps that's why at age 12 I got up at 4 am to be a witness to the a real life fairy princess marry her prince and why, at age 42, I got up at 4am and watch that fairy princess' son marry his beautiful bride.  I love everything about the story of William and Kate and truly believe they are in love (unlike his mum, Diana and father Charles).

In spite of the extravagance, the wedding was simple and sweet.  Kate's dad proudly gave his little girl away, her brother read a passage from Romans 12, the Bishop of London gave a lovely sermon and the Queen smiled, happy at the thought of this marriage.  They are a couple in love and it was nice of them to invite us all to their little affair!  A day to remember for sure!

Best Wishes HRH William and Catherine, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!  May you live happily ever after!

I decided that I would host a Royal Wedding Watching Party, so I invited some of my girlfriends over for dinner and to watch the big event on TV.  Of course, the wedding was early in the morning Central Standard Time, so we had to watch on the DVR and I couldn't wait to see it, so I had already watched it earlier that morning, but seeing it again (and again) was fine with me.  The wedding was quite beautiful and so sweet!  What a lovely event and a magical occasion!  






For part two of the party, I made my nieces watch a real life prince and princess get married.  I'm sure that I've contributed to some amount of crazy dating thinking like I have, but they had to witness this big event..just had to!  We dressed up for round two...I think they enjoyed it, although it wasn't Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez...the only "royal couple" they seem to care about...oh well.  I tried to educate them on the important things in life!


Thought for the day:  The prayer that Prince William and Princess Catherine wrote for the wedding and read by the Lord Bishop of London--something we all should be reminded of regularly!  Enjoy:

God our Father, we thank you for our families; for the love that we share and for the joy of our marriage.
In the busyness of each day keep our eyes fixed on what is real and important in life and help us to be generous with our time and love and energy.
Strengthened by our union help us to serve and comfort those who suffer. 
We ask this in the Spirit of Jesus Christ. Amen.



And they lived...
Happily Ever After....
The End--or is it The Beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment