Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What I know for sure...Oprah taught me...


For the past 25 years, I have turned into Oprah and today was her very last show.   She's taught me so much about how to be an adult.  Her show first started the Fall of my Freshman Year in college.  I quickly learned that she was going to be a great teacher for me.  Her show and I grew into adulthood together and she was there to provide some words of wisdom on a regular basis.  Seemed like no matter what I was going through that I could tune in and find something that would give me the knowledge to handle a situation or how to view myself a little differently.  I learned what it meant to live my authentic self and to be happy in the skin I'm in.  I learned diet and exercise tips.  I learned how to decorate my house. I learned about clothing tips.  I learned about latest gadgets and hot items to purchase at Christmas.  I learned the power of a vision board.  I learned that I have the power within myself and don't need anyone to "complete" me.  I learned what my poop should look like.  I learned how to manage my finances.  I learned dating tips.  I learned how to parent.  I learned about new books that were on the market that introduced me to new authors and different ways of thinking.  I learned about relationships.  I learned the importance of looking around and being grateful for the big and small things in life (which was one of the main reasons for this blog).  I learned how to appreciate myself.  I learned how to feel worthy of all I am and all I have.  She was a great teacher in my life. 

I can honestly say that I’m living my best life. I love who I am.  Am proud of what I am.  Am happy in the skin I’m in.  And worthy of all I have.  Thank you Oprah for teaching me these lessons..and so much more!  You will be missed!

For a full transcript of her last show, please go here: Oprah's love letter

Smile:  What did I smile about today?
I was told that I was appreciated today by someone that I didn’t think appreciated me much.

Celebrate:  What did I celebrate today?
I celebrate Oprah’s last show. 

Love:  What do I love?
I love that in spite of the crazy storms last night, today the sun is shining, the wind is not as strong and there is hope that tomorrow will continue.  

Thought for the day: Every new beginning is from some other beginnings end.

No comments:

Post a Comment