Sunday, January 9, 2011

First Snow

This weekend was pretty quiet and I was able to get some things crossed off my to-do list. Was supposed to babysit nieces, but plans fell through at the last minute, so it gave me some time to attend to some things that I have been meaning to do for a while. Woke up Sunday morning to lots of rain and cold weather and decided to worship from home this morning. Had another relaxing day!

Smile: What made me smile today?
One of my resolutions is to cook more this year and to practice different recipes. Today, I made chicken tortilla soup in the crock pot and it came out wonderful! Once I put all the ingredients together, I looked outside to see the biggest snow flakes and that they were sticking on the ground. We had about an inch or so today and are supposed to have some really cold weather most of the week. I like the cold, and love the snow, but hate to drive in it, so am a little worried about how commute will be tomorrow. At any rate, first sign of snow brings a smile to my face...there's something about fresh snow with no footprints that makes me feel like all is right in the world.

Celebrate: What do I celebrate today?
I celebrate the woman that I'm becoming--after all these years I'm finally using my voice and continuing to show my confidence. I just hope that in doing so, I am not putting my filter on and as a result hurting people in the process. I love that I'm sticking up for myself and my needs, but worry that I'm being too selfish. I hope that sweet, kind me doesn't leave me as this new set of qualities settle inside.

Love: What do I love?
I love that I was able to get so much done this weekend. One of my goals is to document life more and I spent some time this week nurturing my creative mind and did some scrap booking, creating some videos, and making a calendar. Am proud that I used all my resources when I couldn't figure out something to teach myself what I needed to do to fix the problem. It was a good weekend!

Thought for the day: Sending love is a powerful remedy. It breaks down walls, calms a worried mind and heals wounds. Try sending some love now!--Cheryl Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment