Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Terrific Tuesday!



When I said that the "sun will come out tomorrow" in yesterday's post, I wasn't sure that it would actually happen (can't ever trust the weather forecasters!), but today, was so happy to see blue skies and the pretty sun up above!  While it didn't get above freezing all day, the sun sure helped improve mood and energy levels!  I love blue skies!


Smile:  What did I smile about today?
God is Good!  His works surround me and I see His hand in my life and others around me!  Lately, he's answered many prayers to heal relationships, help find jobs, keep cancer under control, and help keep stress levels low.  There is nothing more beautiful to smile about than to know the HE is truly in control if we only turn ourselves over to Him!  What a wonderful, peaceful thing to know!


Celebrate:  What do I celebrate today?
Each year I choose a word to help represent what I hope to achieve that year. This year, I chose "Stretch."  It has several meanings but one is to stretch myself in my job and take on some new things that I'm not familiar with.  Today, I found out that I will lead an initiative that I really don't know anything about and is truly out of my comfort zone, but a great opportunity to make a difference in my organization.  It's going to be a lot of work and comes with lots of visibility (which can be a great thing if things go well, but can be quite challenging if it doesn't!).  Many prayers will be sent to help me through this great learning curve!

Love:  What do I love today?

Due to the cold weather, my tire pressure sensor went off in my car, so I had to get to a garage to put in more air in my tires.  You see, I don't want to know how to check the tire pressure, or to be responsible for putting the air in the tires, so I love that there are establishments that I can pull into, not even get out of my car to get in the cold and allow someone else to take care of that for me! While for the most part, I'm a pretty independent, single woman, but this is one area that I play the "girl" card and don't want to know anything about this (I also play this card on mowing the grass and driving a standard car)   Thank you Discount Tire for the free air check and for keeping me safe!

Thought for the day:  "Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you"  Matt 7:7--stop --right the minute and say a prayer!

God bless you today and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment