Thursday, January 6, 2011

What day is it?


I woke up this morning and couldn't remember what day it was. I was so confused because of traveling in the middle of the week and coming home on Wednesday, which is something that I don't typically do (will either come home Thursday or Friday). As I said yesterday, I was pretty tired from not getting much sleep and so would have loved to have slept a few more hours hours, but alas, I had to get up and get ready because I had a meeting with our VP that promptly started at 8am. One thing I have to admit is that I'm not a morning person and forcing me to be at a meeting that starts at 8 is ...well challenging for me. At least I'm willing to admit my flaws. Anyway, once I finally decided it was officially Thursday, I was pretty happy because this week seemed to go by quickly and am happy that the weekend is coming so I can get some rest. Yea for Thursday!

Smile: What made me smile today?



I really enjoy listening to sports radio on my way home from work. I started listening to them over 15 years ago when the Cowboys were in their height of their hayday and my boy Troy Aikman was playing. I was obsessed with all things sports, and particularly the cowboys. Since that time, I've changed my obsession (now Bon Jovi) but still listen to The "Hardline" each night. I think the guys on there are quite funny and they typically make me laugh each night because of their bantering and funny quips they make to each other. Of course I do get caught up on the latest going on in sports, like today Jason Garrett was named Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys, but I also feel like I get some good laughs even though sometimes they are a little irreverent. They do make me smile and are a good way to end a long day when all I want to do is escape from the stress and just laugh my way home! I guess I'm what they would call a "TicketChick"--or a P1, whatever that is (hope it's not anything nasty!)

Celebrate: What do I celebrate?
I was able to fit comfortably into some pants that when I last wore were quite tight. I weighed myself this morning and was shocked to see the number as it was lower than the other day! Not sure how that has happened, because I certainly haven't been starving myself to death. I hope my scales are broken and my pants were switch at the cleaners!

Love: What do I love today?
I love that I found a dollar in the bottom of my purse so I could get lunch without having to use my debit card! Now...if only I could find that missing $100...

Thought for the day: For good health and a strong spirit repeat 10 times daily: "I am loveable." "I am loving." "I am loved"

Cheers to you!

1 comment: